"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Introduction

Hello cyberspace!

So what inspired me to start a blog? Lately my creativity and inspirations have been overflowing so I finally came to the conclusion that I need some sort of outlet in which to share it all with the world. I am almost finished reading Julie & Julia (which is vastly different than the movie but equally enjoyable in its own way) which first made the idea of starting a blog more appealing and approachable for a non-computer-savvy person like me. Then my sister started talking about her current obsession with blogs and blogging, and as I perused several incredible blogs which infused fashion with food and art and general lifestyle I realized that's exactly what I want to do. I want my blog to be predominantly fashion oriented but with some art, food, stories, and anything else that inspires or intrigues me weaved in. I hope you all enjoy it because that is, after all, the reason I am starting That Touch of Chic.

What is chic?

Chic \Chic\, a. [F. Cf. Chic, n.]
Original and in good taste or form; stylish; in current
fashion, fashionable.

There are a few women I consider, in essence, my fashion icons. It is not only their wardrobe that I admire, but how they wear the clothes. To me, they are the definition of chic. Here are a few of the women who inspire the fashionista in me:



Zoe Saldana is the "girl of the moment" for me. I don't think I have ever once been let down by one of her looks. She is fearless and the definition of fierce. I would love to own every article of clothing she puts on her body and pull it off with the grace and elegance that she does. She is the complete package.



This woman is fashion royalty. SJP and Carrie Bradshaw share the same incredibly fashion forward sense of style which makes her even more worthy of the role.



Carrie Underwood inspires my girly side. It has been amazing to see her evolve from a small town country girl to a fashion diva. I admire her consistent polish. She knows what she likes and what looks good on her and sticks to it.



Another fearlessly fierce fashionista, Dian Kruger continuously pushes the envelope in her fashion decisions and pulls them off incredibly. She reminds me of a modern day Grace Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment