"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Thursday, December 9, 2010

I hear Wedding Bells...


Today my adorable friend Jessica (who I am lucky enough to work with) and I went on a mini adventure on our lunch break to do a photoshoot on the train tracks. I wanted to document today's outfit featuring an amazing delicate vintage blouse (a find from our resale store Avant Garb) paired with a black Forever 21 tank, a Paul and Joe for Target wrap skirt, black tights, and Steven by Steve Madden ankle booties that were a gift from my dear friend Kelly. I accessorized with pearl accented jewelry and a headband and felt very victorian chic.


How lucky am I to have my dear friend and fellow fashion blogger as a coworker?! You really must check out her blog Monster Cakes which documents her life in fashion and witty stories. You won't regret it.

Now, on to the topic of the title of this post. This weekend I get to be in the wedding of one of my dearest friends, Grace. Being the romantic that I am, I have always been a sucker for weddings and have secretly wanted to be a bridesmaid for as long as I can remember. Now that it is actually happening I am excited but also freaking out a little. My friends are getting married! Exactly a week after Grace's wedding I head down to San Diego to be a bridesmaid in one of my other dearest friend's wedding. Tis the season! I am feeling a bit sentimental and old.

In honor of this season of weddings and because of the movie fanatic that I am, I have decided to list my favorite movies from my favorite genre of chick flicks: wedding romantic comedies. There have been too many made to count, but these are the ones to weed out from all the others and watch asap!


My Best Friend's Wedding

I love love LOVE this movie so much it's gross. My sisters can vouch for the fact that I know every line by heart and have a hard time not talking along with the movie. In other words, you wouldn't want to watch it with me. This is the first movie that made me really want a gay best friend. You can't get any better than George.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

This movie cracks me up every time. And that's saying a lot because I've probably seen it at least twenty times. It's mostly Aunt Voula that has me in stitches. "What do you mean he can't eat no MEAT?!" Classic.

The Wedding Planner

Another staple I've viewed more times than I'd like to know. This is the only role I find Matthew Mcconaughey attractive in. Who can resist Steve Edison's smoothness? As much as I want to hate him, I can't. I also love watching Mary Fiore's type A control freak personality. Perhaps because we share too much in common? I'm afraid it might be true...

27 Dresses

This movie (and Grey's Anatomy a little later) are what made me a true Katherine Heigl fan. She has a way of making you feel like you're her best friend...or at least really want to be because she is so relatable and likable and hilarious. And James Marsden? As my friend Ruby would say, let me just give God a round of applause right now.

Bride Wars

I was so surprised with this movie. I went in thinking I would get another entertaining and very predictable and over the top romantic comedy, and I ended up getting what would become the movie my sister and I watch on a regular basis because it is so freaking hilarious! I was just quoting it this evening and thinking I am due for another viewing. Anne Hathaway's annoying coworker character is the funniest part of the movie. Just watch it and you'll see what I'm talking about.


Ok, I need to now focus on warding my cat off the chocolate I'm trying to eat. Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. FYI: My Big Fat Greek Wedding... the moment where his quiet parents are sitting awkwardly on the couch around her crazy loud family... yeah that's my life... Justin's poor dad and stepmom...

    ReplyDelete