"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Monday, December 13, 2010

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas...



Well my friends, today begins the twelve days to Christmas countdown. I can't believe how close it is! Time to sing the Twelve Days of Christmas song...

Tshirt: Urban Outfitters, Lace cardigan: Xhilaration for Target, Jeans: Diesel, Shoes: BCBGeneration.

On the twelfth day of Christmas I found a gift for me under the tree :)


I LOVE this sparkly Burlesque special edition nail polish by OPI. The nail polish fanatic in me took over and made me buy it over the weekend. I layered it over a purple polish I had.



Lately I have been realizing how important it is to give. Whether it be time, money, gifts letters, or even compliments. Every time make an effort to bless someone in some way I always feel on top of the world. Why do I forget this? The other day I brought my mom home chocolate and a bottle of wine (after all, what could be better?) after hearing she had been having a hard day and felt so great after giving them to her. Last weekend I finally finished a painting I had been working on to give as a wedding gift to one of my best friends who's getting married next weekend. I can't wait to give it to her and her new husband! But it's not just gifts that I want to give more. My friend Kelly and I just had a conversation about wanting to do more for people because we realized that it is one of the things that fulfills us most and keeps us happy and inspired. We are planning on holding each other accountable on doing things for people, whether big or small. It could be crafting something for someone or writing a thoughtful card or a letter, bringing someone flowers, buying a homeless person food, helping someone who's moving, or visiting someone who's sick and bringing them movies and chicken noodle soup. I'm pretty sure giving gives the same happy feeling to everyone who does it. So my friends, let's make a point to stop focusing on ourselves and try to do something every day for someone starting on this twelfth day of Christmas. I'll use my blog and Kelly to hold me accountable and I highly encourage you to find someone to do the same for you. Have you done something for someone that brightened their day and yours lately? Please do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment