"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Friday, October 22, 2010

Rainy Day Reading Material

Yesterday I came home to a lovely surprise of not one, but two of my favorite magazines laying across the kitchen counter awaiting my arrival. In addition to those two, I have the November issue of Glamour that I still have barely touched after almost a month. What happened to the days where I would make time to devour every single colorful and glossy page of my favorite magazines? Is it leftover guilt from the college days where reading a fashion magazine instead of doing homework felt like a sin? Or is it perhaps that, like our culture, I have become so media-crazed that the only relaxing sounding activity is laying in front of a television or computer screen and vegging? Whatever the case, this rainy weekend I am determined to rediscover the simple art of curling up and reading a good magazine and a good book without a television blaring in the background or being involved in a simultaneous conversation. I forgot how much I love to curl up and be cozy on rainy days. It is truly one of life's simple pleasures. In addition to breaking in my magazines including my all-time favorite, InStyle, I am going to finally pick back up Never Let Me Go, the book I abandoned for the last couple weeks for Grey's Anatomy. Who knows? Maybe one day I might actually write another book review on this blog...


Here are a few books on my reading list:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
No More Christian Nice Girl by Paul Coughlin
Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes


Happy Friday my fellow readers! Don't forget to make time for yourself this weekend and give your tired self a day of rest.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how "Never Let Me Go" is? The movie was great!
    Also you really must read The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. Best thing I've read in ages!

    ReplyDelete