"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Friday, October 29, 2010

Bye Bye October


Well, October is almost over and I am just starting to get used to the idea that October is here. We had an extension of lovely warm weather this fall and before I knew it, the month flew by and I've hardly had a chance to enjoy all the wonderful things October has to offer. This weekend I am determined to soak up ever last minute of this month including a visit to the pumpkin patch before Halloween arrives! Here are a few of my favorite things about the beautiful first month of fall...


TIGHTS! I love love love pairing tights with everything from shorts to skirts to dresses, both dressy with heels or dressed down with boots. Tights are the perfect transitional weather piece and are the magical item that can transform a summer outfit to a fall outfit.


Every October I make a point to pay a visit to the pumpkin patch and pick out the perfect little round pumpkin that I generally like to name and draw a face on. I usually leave it at that because my carved pumpkins tend to look like Quasimodo.


I absolutely adore the beautiful colors that appear in Oregon in the fall. Every year the trees never cease to amaze me in their dazzling array of warm and vibrant colors. Photo shoot anyone?


BOOTS! Ok, boots can pretty much be worn year-round but I like to break them out in the fall and then hardly take them off. I wore my favorite pair almost to the ground last year and this year I am coveting these beautiful Steven by Steve Madden riding boots in Cognac. Yesterday I found out that I have a 158 dollar credit at our local resale store so I might just have to designate some of that extra spending money to investing in this key piece to my fall wardrobe.



This year I am falling even more in love with the flavor of pumpkin. I love pumpkin bread, cheesecake, lattes, pie, and even soup. And this morning I was introduced to Trader Joe's pumpkin butter which my friends, is heaven in a jar. Taste it, and if you love pumpkin flavor your life will be transformed. Of course, I found out after eating it that sugar is the second or third ingredient. Dangit! But you know, it was worth it
; )


Leave it to artist Bella Pillar from the blog Juniper Valentine and my favorite Papyrus card artist to make Halloween look adorably chic.


What are some of your favorite things about October?



No comments:

Post a Comment