"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend Recap: Wine and Josh Duhamel


This weekend was just the satisfying refresher I needed after what felt like endless early mornings and busy work days. I don't work on Fridays but I like to reserve that day for chores and errands I haven't gotten around to doing during the week. So, this Friday I am proud to say that I tackled the great task of sorting though my hundreds of CDs, throwing away the cases, and categorizing them into a large CD case. I then moved onto sorting through all my DVDs and categorizing them into their designated slots based on genre. I know I am probably sounding a little OCD right now, but it has been something I've been meaning to do forever and already I feel so much better about my life having it out of the way.

Saturday was all play thanks to my amazing mom who threw me a belated birthday wine tasting celebration with some of my best girlfriends. My birthday was over a month ago but hey, it's never too late to celebrate, right? We went to South Stage Cellars in Jacksonville which is conveniently located just down the road from my house and hosts beautiful wine tastings both in their bar and outside in their lovely backyard area. I highly recommend this place if you're in the area and want a fun afternoon out with the girls.

After getting my fill of several delicious wines (the dessert wine was my favorite, being the sweet tooth I am) a few of us headed to see a sneak preview of Life As We Know It--the movie I've been dying to see ever since the previews came out several months ago. Altogether, I was not disappointed. The movie proved itself to be just as touching, funny, sweet, and romantic as the previews made it out to be. I recommend it to all those who, like me, need a good dose of chick flick every once in a while. Having Josh Duhamel's physical perfection in nearly every scene doesn't hurt either. Hey, I'm just stating the obvious.

Today I finally started my next painting, which will partially be the subject of one of my upcoming posts so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment