"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Friday, November 19, 2010

Mish Mash


Hello my friends. Sorry for my lack of posting these last couple weeks. After the craziness of last weekend (sister visiting, Christmas party, wedding shower) and some food overindulging I felt strangly ill throughout the week and am just now about recovered. I learned the hard way that my body is still in a pretty fragile state and that it can only handle so much. What often happens when I'm feeling gross and exhausted is that I lack inspiration and energy to do something creative like a blog. So for this post I have decided to list a few highlights of the week that lightened my funk and made my life a little better...


Christmas Shopping!

On Monday I was feeling too ill to go into work so instead I stayed home and got almost all my Christmas shopping done from my bed! The secret? Ideeli! I was introduced to this site a couple weeks ago I have learned that it is wonderful for Christmas shopping but dangerous if you're just browsing for yourself. Ideeli is a member only site that you have to be invited to. If you invite someone and they make a purchase, you receive $25 in credit! The reason the site is so dangerous is that it gives you the day's best sales on designer goods and the sales are GOOD! I frequently find myself resisting the urge to buy something compulsively after seeing it is on clearance for 1/3 the price for only one day. For example, here are a couple things I spotted just today and had to resist the urge to buy:

Max Studio booties--Originally $155, on sale today for $59


Calvin Klein fur vest--Originally $149, on sale for $89

See what I'm talking about?! Dangerous!


Sexiest Man Alive

When I heard that Ryan Reynolds was deservingly dubbed People's Sexiest Man Alive I made it a goal to go out and buy it today. It's wrong how excited I am to dive into this issue.


Emma Watson


The more I've been seeing of Emma Watson, who many of us endearingly know as Miss Hermioni Granger from Harry Potter, the more impressed I've been with her sense of style, maturity, and intelligence that is rare among actors growing up in the spotlight. I watched her on Live with Regis and Kelly this week and was blown away with her and how adorable she is. Please stay uncorrupted Emma! Here are a few of her recent looks she's been rocking:






FANNEtastic food


I discovered another healthy living blog I am now obsessed with called FANNEtastic food. The blog belongs to Anne P who is in school to become a nutritionist and has been around the world and back before going after her passion. I love her simple but inspiring food, fitness, and daily life posts and can't get enough of them. I love her recipe ideas and feel healthier and happier after just reading her blog. Check it out!


Christmas music



I am one of those annoying people who lose no time to break out the Christmas music before Thanksgiving has even happened because I just can't wait. New on my Christmas playlist this year? The Glee Christmas album which is a little cheesey but fun and amazing just like the show. Also, I just downloaded Mariah Carey's old Christmas album and absolutely love it! I feel like dancing to her upbeat renditions of All I want for Christmas is You, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), and Santa Claus is Comin to Town. This album makes me think of Love Actually, one of my favorite holiday movies which features a lot of these songs. I always buy the Starbucks Christmas album and CAN'T WAIT till it comes out this year! Until then, these albums along with all my old ones will have to get me by...


Gwyneth on Glee


Speaking of Glee, I thoroughly enjoyed watching my favorite actress Gwyneth Paltrow star and sing in this week's episode of Glee. Is there anything this woman can't do?! I'm starting to wonder. My favorite part was this amazing Singing in the Rain/Umbrella number. I've already watched it 3 times!


Fur Vest

Ok, so I did cave in last weekend and buy this adorable and chic fur vest that was on clearance at Target. I just couldn't resist. Fur is so on trend right now that as soon as I spotted this a few weeks ago for a mere $20 I had a battle within myself to resist. But when I saw it again weeks later, I felt it was a sign and couldn't resist anymore and finally bought it. I don't regret this purchase for a second and can't wait to wear it through the winter!


Anne Hathaway

Is it just me or has Anne Hathaway been looking better than ever? I'm not usually a huge fan but I have to say she has been impressing me lately with her overall look. I especially love this pretty and feminine Valentino number she sported to the Love and Other Drugs premiere.

Well my friends, now it is about time for me to dive into People magazine and gaze at Ryan Reynolds' physical perfection...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Emma and her black lace dress with a feathered skirt on bottom. SO cute.

    ReplyDelete