"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Top Golden Globe Looks


Wowsers was it just me or was the red carpet more heavily populated with well dressed stars this year?! It seems that the worst dressed list has shrunk dramatically, while the best dressed list has climbed, making it harder to choose my favorites. My number one was a no brainer, however, and I knew it the second the cameras caught a glimpse of her. Here are my favorite looks from the Golden Globes...


This one was a no brainer. Olivia Wilde looked absolutely stunning in this glittery Marchesa masterpiece. This is the dress that every girl dreams about and I'm sure she felt like a princess floating down the red carpet. Absolute perfection. And of course I have to add her kick a** Christian Louboutin booties she had hidden underneath her layers of tule. They were the cherry on top of her stunning look.


Catherine Zeta Jones' glorious deep green Monique Lhullier floral appliqué ball gown is easily my second favorite. Everything about this creation is absolutely breathtaking. It reminds me of my dream wedding dress by the same designer.


Another green stunner? Angelina Jolie rocked this retro looking Atelier Versace dress. Yes, Angelina can wear a potato sack and still look stunning (especially with a few extra pounds on her), but I thought this daring dress was especially elegant and unique. Leave it to Ms. Jolie to pull off a dress that would be a bit more challenging for others to do so.


Another person rocking the statement shoulder sequin look? Anne Hathaway looked her best ever in this Armani Prive gown which featured a plunging back cut dangerously low. The soft flowing hair balanced out the dramatic dress perfectly.


This beautiful Monique Lhullier creation looks like it was made for Mandy Moore. The color, fit, and material flatter her figure and coloring perfectly. She looks like a princess, which is fitting considering she voices one in Tangled, which was up for best animated feature.


My favorite use of black of the evening was definitely Eva Longoria's sexy and sophisticated Zac Posen number which featured an asymmetrical cutout back similar to the front. I'm not usually too keen on Eva's style but this look blew me away. She proves that you can be petite AND a bombshell. Props to you Eva!

Well there you have it. It was hard to narrow my list down to only six this year. Who were some of your favorites on the red carpet this year?

1 comment:

  1. I never saw Mandy Moore's dress! SOOO pretty. I think that's my second favorite. And obviously Olivia Wilde wore my favorite. Can you tell I like tulle? ; ) Yes, I am a two year old.

    ps. Why am I not surprised that you liked her shoes? haha

    ReplyDelete