"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Hermit Weekend


{Shirt: TJ Maxx; Belt, Forever 21, Skirt; H&M, Shoes, Michael Kors from TJ Maxx}

The pictures above might have fooled you into thinking that I actually made and effort and got dressed this weekend but let me assure you I did no such thing. These pictures were taken earlier in the week. My entire weekend was spent in my loungewear at my house. Normally, I would feel really gross about this and not want to reveal that information with the world, but I feel like I actually got a lot accomplished. And I must say, it feels pretty darn good spending the day in comfy clothes and no makeup. Here are a few of the highlights...


VALENTINES!! Even though I am not exactly what you'd call a Valentines Day person, I absolutely love making valentines for friends and family every year. That's what I devoted most of my day to yesterday and I must say I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. My mom, sister, and friend Kelly even joined me for a while and we had a little valentine making party! It was such a fun and relaxing way to spend the afternoon.
My mom and I spent our weekly organizing project on sorting through my bookshelf. Man did I have a lot of books I never intended on reading! It feels so good to have that cleaned out and organized now. Bonus? My mom found the 50 dollar Zappos gift card I lost ages ago in an old binder of mine! I was beyond ecstatic! Of course I spent it right away on this pair of Madden Gril flat booties. These will hopefully help me to stick to my new less heel resolution for my knees.

Today I made these monster cookies from my favorite baking site The Spunky Coconut. I added coconut flakes to the mix and they turned out delicious. I also baked blondies from The Spunky Coconut cookbook (my mom surprised me with it on Friday!! Thanks mom!) yesterday for our valentine making party and I'm trying to decide which I like better. My overindulgence of them yesterday proves how good they are. In one word, YUM!

In more exciting news, my very sweet blogger friend Christianna from The Girl with the Blue Bow gave me an award on her blog! I feel very flattered an honored by this especially because I love her blog so much! Thanks Christianna! She also mentions me in her 7 Things Childhood Edition post today! You should definitely check out her blog.

Well, I must get back to watching Mean Girls with my lovely friend Grace and then the SAG Awards! Be looking for a post of my red carpet favorites soon!

1 comment:

  1. Awww thank you so much for the shout out friend!
    And those boots are way to cute, what a great find!

    ReplyDelete