"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Politics and Dirty Drinks


{Dress: ASOS; Belt: H&M; Tights: Ross; Shoes: Kelsie Dagger via TJ Maxx; Clutch: H&M}

I thought I'd share some pics from my eventful evening. Let me first say that today has been an exciting one, full of Oscar anticipating and party preparation which included frosting star cookies that Jess slaved away on and shopping for a fun date outfit for a friend (hello TJ Maxx!). Be looking for an Oscar party recap soon! Back to tonight. I attended a political fundraiser tonight and decided to go for a sophisticated look with an edge. Note the new wedge booties I scored at TJ Maxx today for 15 bucks! I've had my eye on them for ages and couldn't believe they were still there! There was only one pair left and they just so happened to be my size. I'd consider it fate.


Kelly and I had our first tastes of sex on the beach at this conservative political event. And before you get too carried away trying to wrap that around your head, let me assure you that I am referring to the drink. Holy cow I can't believe I've never tried one before! I feel like I was transported to a tropical island...until I walked back outside and remembered it is actually freeeeezing! Well I am off to get my beauty rest before my exciting day tomorrow. I can't believe it's almost here! Ahhhh the gowns, the glamour, the excitement! I can hardly contain myself! Yes, I am a total and complete geek but that's okay.

1 comment: