"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Why I Love Oscar






It gives me an excuse to go crazy with my friends like a bunch of sports fanatics on Superbowl Sunday and yell at the TV screen, applaud, play fashion police by harshly judging every gown, and of course eating junk food while doing all of the above.











I get to drink in glorious dresses like these and fantasize myself in them saying, "Oh why yes I am wearing Monique Lhullier" or "Vera Wang designed this exclusively for me."



But perhaps the whole reason my love affair with Oscar started was because my very first Oscar experience was the year Gwyneth won for Shakespeare in Love and gave that tearful speech in that pink princess dress and there and then I became smitten both with Gwyneth and Oscar. And that my friends, was how it all began. What was your favorite Oscar moment/dress/winner this year?

My lovely Oscar party co-host Jessica posted more on our Oscar party. Sorry I stole a couple of your pics Jess! They were just too good to pass up. Check out her post here!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh girl that's why I put them up! So steal away! And my favorite moment was the food. I know. Typical. haha I do plan on destroying that mug at some point, though. I can't believe you even put it at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that! I love the Oscar too :-) My fav. was definitely Mandy Moore, she looked flawless is both amazing dresses :-)

    http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete