"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Perfect Ending of a Chapter, the Perfect Beginning of Another...



Last weekend was the perfect end to what felt like many, many years of school. I couldn't have asked for a better commencement and celebration. The best part about it was the fact that I was surrounded by strong, supportive, encouraging people. From the ceremony, to my party the day after, I felt so loved and supported. Here is a brief roundup of my graduation highlights:


Our keynote speaker, Ann Curry, was by far my highlight of the ceremony. Her speech was encouraging and impacting. She to me, is the perfect example of female strength and bravery. She has endured and witnessed human tragedy and hardships almost beyond comprehension and yet has come out even stronger and more determined on the other end. At one point in her speech she quoted Winston Churchill's famous words, "Never give in. Never never never never." My dad has quoted this speech to me throughout my life which made it especially impacting.


I had to document my beautiful dress and fresh hair before it was all covered up with my cap and gown, not to emerge again till the end of the day looking not quite the same.


Greeting my family after the ceremony and receiving a beautiful and large bouquet of flowers was definitely a highlight. I was so happy to have them all there, cheering me on.








My mom took on my party and made it beautiful with her floral touches and festive spring colors. She even bought multicolored paper lanterns and had my dad hang them on out on the porch. Everything about my party was perfect and beautiful. I was especially touched by the toast/blessing/speech/prayer all for me from both my parents, grandma, and my other mom Syndi. I don't usually like being the center of attention that long, but that moment was the highlight of my night, and made me feel incredibly special. The weekend was the perfect celebration/closure for my years of grueling, wanting-to-pull-out-my-hair moments and it ultimately proved one thing: in the end, it was all worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment