"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Vision Board



This week has been huge for me. I learned that my dream of living in South Africa for a year has become a reality and that I leave next January to teach art and culture and possibly history to kids ages 12-18 in an incredible boarding school! What perfect timing to work on my last assignment in a 5-week money management class of creating a vision board for my life. We were each given poster board and were told to past pictures and whatever else we wanted of things that we vision for our life, whether they be things that inspire us, intrigue us, or things we have been dreaming about since childhood. I was dragging my feet at first, looking at it more as homework than a fun project, but soon after I got started I found myself having so much fun tearing things out of magazines and printing things out and pasting them all together on my board. I have always been a huge dreamer, so finding things to put on the board came very easily. In fact, what I struggled with the most in the end was not having enough room to squeeze in a few more dreams and visions. At least I know that my future isn't contained in a little poster board.



Africa is the start of my dreams coming to life, so I thought it appropriate to place my Africa cluster on first.






Then the hopeless romantic in me was unleashed when I pasted all these things on, which include my dream husband, Robert Redford (unfortunately it's several decades too late for that), and my dream wedding gown, and a lavender field which is my dream location for my wedding. I told you, I'm a big dreamer.


Stay tuned for part 2 of my vision board.

No comments:

Post a Comment