"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Graduation Stripes

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
{Jacket: H&M; top: Xhilaration; shorts: Forever 21; shoes: Kelsie Dagger}

Yes I already featured this blazer in yesterday's post. But get used to it. It's my new favorite item in my closet and I am going to be wearing it a lot. Ever since I saw my fictional style crush Serena van der Woodsen wearing an amazing striped blazer on Gossip Girl, I've been seeking my own personal version. Alas, I have finally found it!

Another source of excitement and the explanation behind the last picture is the fact that I finally received my college diploma in the mail yesterday! I'm going to tell you the short version of the long story behind this. I graduated last June with a degree in Communication and minor in art. However, I never received my diploma in the mail. I remember getting an email saying there was a mishap with the first batch of diplomas and that it might take a while to receive the right ones so I just assumed there was something going on on their part and that I would receive it eventually. However, in January I started feeling weird about the fact that I still hadn't gotten mine when all of my friends I graduated with had so I called the school and was informed that--get ready for this--I had actually not graduated! The lady actually told me so casually and matter-of-factly that all along I haven't been the freed college graduate I thought I was because there was some sort of error on my transcript! Hello people! It would have been nice to have been informed about this before I walked in the ceremony and had a big graduation bash and started my new "post-college" life! Well, I ended up having to wait a whole weekend before finding out why in fact I hadn't graduated and after a long game of bad communication and phone tag I eventually realized that I was missing an art class that I needed in order to be granted the art minor. Otherwise I could drop the minor all together and be granted my diploma immediately. Go back to school and take another class after all this time of thinking I was finally free of homework and weird schedules?! I don't think so! I wrote a long letter to the president of the school which was hand delivered to her by one of my dad's friends who knows her personally and she talked to my Communications counselor who fought for me to be waived the art class requirement and be granted my diploma immediately. A couple weeks ago I was informed that my letter was not in vain and that I was officially a college graduate, minor and all! Words cannot describe the relief I felt. Even though it was just one class, the very thought of going back after 6 months of believing I never had to step foot on that campus again was extremely troubling and frustrating. But thanks to my parents, my dad's friend, my amazing counselor, and the president herself, I no longer have to worry about this and finally have my diploma in my possession! Woohoo! I think this calls for another grad party, wouldn't you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment