"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kind of a Funny Story

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
{top: Forever 21; shorts: Xhilaration; belt: Target; blazer: H&M; boots: Matiko}

Before I begin telling the rather amusing story behind these photos, let me just point out that some of you have not been properly introduced to my new babies. Meet my too-gorgeous-for-words black leather Matiko boots that I have not been able to get enough of ever since I snagged them off Ideeli. (I bought them in the beautiful taupe color first but that's a whole different story we won't get into). I love them so much I'm considering naming them. Anyway, back to the story. As usual, my lovely friend/co-worker/fellow blogger Jessica and I drove to one of our favorite photo spots to snap a few pics for our blogs on our break yesterday only to realize afterwards that I had locked my keys and both our purses in the car! Thankfully, for some reason the only item I had grabbed out of my car was my cell phone because as we started trudging down the road, Jessica eventually taking her heels off and walking in her beautiful socks, the wind and rain kicked up. This was literally right after Jessica said, "At least the weather is nice." Of course we couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. Disclaimer: This is what can likely when you decide to go on a simple outing with me. You end up walking in the wind and rain in your pretty purple socks without purse or cell phone and end up being picked up by another friend/co-worker after I end up making the embarrassing and desperate phone call. Turns out, this is just what I needed after my no-fun day the day before. Oh and in case you're wondering, I ended up calling AAA and they sent a locksmith out who broke into my car within minutes. Phew!

As you can see if you're reading this, I've changed my URL. Hopefully I won't lose any of my faithful followers. I am now off to get ready to leave for Portland bright and early in the morning! I'm so excited! Be expecting some fun and random pictures when the weekend is over.


1 comment:

  1. That was the highlight of week girl. Too funny! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete