"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Whatever it Takes

Photobucket

Photobucket

{top: H&M; cardigan: View via resale store; jeans Diesel (gift); shoes: Steve Madden via Ross}

Today was rough. I'm not going to bore you with all the lame details but let's just say it was one of those days. When you start the day off running late for no reason with a wretched headache only to be bombarded at work you know it's not going to pan out well. But it got me thinking, you know the little things that are sometimes the only thing you have to get through your day? I think that after being graduated for 9 months I've started to lose perspective and forgot how much more stress I had in my life when I was in school. At least now I know that I don't have a pile of homework awaiting me at the end of the day. During my long school and work days I'd have to give myself little rewards and things to look forward to so I didn't go absolutely crazy. I remember the bleak term that I took the number one hardest class of my whole college career and of course I saved it to the very end, months before graduation. I don't know if I can fully describe the depth of my hatred for math but let me just say that it is by far my least favorite subject. Now when you combine a 2-hour long class that is so hard you cry over it multiple times with the early hours of the morning there is not a lot to encourage you to get out of bed in the morning, especially when it's still dark out. So that term I turned to what fed my creativity at the time which was fashion. I'd plan every outfit the night before down to every detail and would lay it all out on my floor to know exactly how it would look. I liked seeing each unique outfit before I went to bed at night and know I at least could look forward to wearing it the next day. I now wish that I had started my blog back then because I still think that was the most fashionably creative I have ever been. So, I have learned that whatever creative and fun thing it takes to get you through the stuff you dread at the time, go for it. I know it sounds kind of ridiculous, but I still thing that fashion was one of the main things that got me through that ridiculously hard class and term. And that's all I have for you today. I'm now off to do two of my favorite things: eat and watch a movie :)

One last reminder, tomorrow I chance my URL to labellevie.blogspot.com!

1 comment:

  1. You and Math = Me and Spanish class. I just got sick thinking about it. haha Hope you have a better day toots! xoxo

    ReplyDelete