"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Desk Love

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

{top: Urban Outfitters; long sleeved shirt: Target; skirt: Target; tights: Target; shoes: Kelsie Dagger}

I hate Mondays. But one thing that sure perks up a Monday morning is finding desk love greeting me when I come in. Jessica is always so sweet to leave me little notes and gifts on various occasions and this Monday I just so happened to find a beautiful Papaya calender awaiting me on my desk. If you aren't familiar with Papaya, go to their website immediately. I am in love with their uniquely beautiful artwork adoring their greeting cards, journals, posters, etc. You will fall in love. I toured their company once and it was just as beautiful as the artwork they create. Every room was a different masterpiece. Someday I'd love to work at an aesthetically pleasing and creative place like that. I also found a little note taped to my computer from my friend David who visited from LA this weekend for my mom's birthday party. Even though the note was dorky and short, I loved getting it. Little things like these help get me through the workdays that I barely mustered myself out of bed for. They make me realize that if we stop and make a point to show someone we stopped by or were thinking about them we just might perk up their day too. Just thought I'd share that with you before I drift off into slumberland...

2 comments:

  1. Awww Addi you look beautiful in your outfit! So classy lady!

    And those little gifts are awesome! Plus your right that sometimes just letting someone know you care can make a day that much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally inspired me to leave some notes in our work mailboxes this week :)

    ReplyDelete