"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

--Winston Churchill

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Leo for Robert

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

In honor of this upcoming fun-filled weekend that includes a Leonardo DiCaprio movie night with my friend Brooke who counts him as her top celebrity crush, I've decided to give Leo some blog love and credit where credit is due. But let me first start off by saying that if you don't know already, I have an unhealthy obsession with Robert Redford. As in, seen most of his movies, posters on my walls, wallpaper on my computer at work, named my laptop after him, bought tickets to see him honored in person at the San Fransisco Film Festival and dragged my friend Ruby with me there and back in two days, planning on reading the new biography coming out on him (so excited!), and planning on painting him something and sending it to him obsessed. I know, I can't believe I'm making myself look like a freak on my own blog but it's the truth, my friends, handle it or not. So, you can only guess that when I heard they were remaking The Great Gatsby I was anything less than pleased. How on earth could anyone possibly replace Robert Redford?! Robert Redford! However, the more I see of Leonardo, the more impressed I am and the more I realize that he is one of my favorite actors and when I heard they were casting him as Jay Gatsby and Carry Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan, I became a lot more comfortable with the prospect. If they were to replace Mr. Redford and Mia Farrow with anyone it should be those two. And then hearing that Tobey Maguire is to play Nick Carroway and the film will be directed by none other than Baz Luhrmann, director of Moulin Rouge! and Romeo + Juliet, the deal was sealed and my mind was changed. I am incredibly excited to see how this adaptation turns out and can only say, Leo, you have some large shoes to fill, but I believe you are worthy of the challenge. Now make us proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment